As the Asia Pacific’s premier hybrid golf event, the 14th Asia Pacific Golf Summit will feature a number of activities that will be staged simultaneously throughout a three-day period. It will be a carefully planned mix that will bring key elements together to make it a one-off experience. The elements include:
- A top-level international summit on the business of golf. This will be a two-day conference which will feature world class speakers and thought leaders from the golf industry. For 2022, two of the most illustrious leaders from the industry will deliver in depth speeches on golf in a post-pandemic era. They are David Abeles, President and CEO of the world’s leading equipment manufacturer, TaylorMade Golf. The other is Tim Clarke, President and CEO of the longest established golf brand in the world – Wilson Golf, 108 years in business and with the distinction of having won more majors than any other brand. Besides these two industry leaders, there will be about 20 speakers from other sectors of the golf industry who will be delivering addresses that are of vital importance to the future growth of the golf industry.
- A world-class conference on golf course agronomy. APGS has had sessions on matters relating to golf course agronomy in the past but 2022 will be different. This session will lay special focus on new hybrid turf which besides being very durable and requiring less of everything, will be the central focal point. This is the first time that the club industry will be introduced to some of the best new turf hybrids and leading the introduction will be David Doguet, Founder and Chairman of the world’s largest turf farm, Bladerunner Turf Farms.
- A state-of-the-art agronomy trade exhibition displaying some of the best products and services in the business. It is expected that a number of major golf course agronomy suppliers will be on hand – this will include both hardware, fertiliser and pesticide products etc.
- A specially organised visit to Southeast Asia’s biggest certified turf farm where the newest hybrid grass species for golf courses will be on display under true farm conditions. The one-day site visit will be to the largest and only ITGAP certified turf farm in Southeast Asia and it is planned specially for all APGS delegates. The farm is spread out over 160,000 square metres and the objective of this site visit is to provide all golf course owners, operators and general managers a hands-on insight into the new breeds of turf, the features and most importantly, the role that these new turf will be able to play in promoting sustainability. There will be an open bar and a delicious BBC lunch.
- The 21ststaging of the Asian Golf Awards. Recognised as “The Oscars” of the Asia Pacific Golf Industry, this will be the grand culmination of APGS 2022. Top winners in more than 30 award categories will be honoured with special awards recognising their quality and standing in the golf industry. A fabulous gala affair befitting the grand occasion.